Adoption Program in Thailand
- Thailand is a beautiful Hague country offering a rich culture and strong heritage and traditions. Thailand adoptions are open!.Heartsent has been working in Thailand for many years, enjoying a personal relationship with the staff and administration of the Thai Red Cross Children’s Home after the Executive Director and her husband both adopted from there 29 years ago! Both healthy and special needs toddler and older children are available through this program.
- Only married couples are accepted into this program.
- Couples should be open to gender.
- There is no strict length of marriage requirement, but couples must submit a letter of infertility with their country paperwork and application to Thailand.
- Children offered through Thailand are from 4-5 yrs old when they come home for the healthy toddler program, and can be available from 2 to up to 10 years old for special needs children.
- Couples should be under 45 years of age to adopt a healthy toddler from Thailand. It is most important that the adoptive mother be 45 or under, the adoptive father can be older.
- There is one trip of two weeks in Thailand to complete the adoption after about a 3- year waiting time. At this time couples wait about 3 years to receive a healthy referral of a child, then another 8-10 mths before they can travel to Thailand to meet that child and take him/her home.
- Adoptive parents finalize and then register their adoption in their state once they return from Thailand. The post placement process requires a certain type of license from the home study agency, so this should be checked with Heartsent prior to making the choice of home study agency to begin the adoption. Please call us for more details about this finalization process and the required licenses.
Thailand is such a wonderful country to adopt from, many families have inquired and started processing in this country. Waiting times can now be close to 3.5 years to complete an adoption from Thailand. Children are beautiful, healthy toddlers (4-5) at the time of referral. Please call us for up to date timeframes if you are interested in adopting from this country! Throughout the year 2016, we received news for 3 of our Thailand families to travel and bring their children home. It was a great year and we expect more child referrals to come in 2017 and families to travel to receive their children. Please inquire about healthy children from The Land Of Smiles- Thailand.