Adoption Program in Bulgaria
SEEKING BULGARIA FAMILIES
Heartsent's Bulgaria program is open and accepting new families. We are excited about this program, where you can adopt a healthy young child or a sibling group of healthy children. Most of the international programs of adoption are currently accepting applications for waiting children with needs to consider....we love these programs, but also realize that adopting singles and couples may also want the choice to adopt healthy children of all ages, both girls and boys. Bulgaria is that program! A healthy child can be adopted within 3 years, or 1-2 years if a family is requesting a sibling group. Contact us for more information about this great option!
Program Overview- Highlights of Bulgarian Adoption
- WAITING TIMES ARE SHORTER for parents open to older children, siblings or a child with minor or correctable special needs of your choice.
- HEALTHY BOYS AND GIRLS ARE AVAILABLE for adoption, as well as siblings. Gender can be specified.
- TWO TRIPS ARE NECESSARY, about 5-7 days in length, with 3 months in between each trip.
- LENGTH OF TIME OF ADOPTIONS can be 3-4 years for healthy, young children and as few as 4-6 months for waiting children with minor needs or ahealthy sibling group
- TOTAL COSTS for an adoption from Bulgaria range from $26,000 - $28,000 not including travel costs.
- HEARTSENT STAFF will assist you with your dossier, child request and travel planning, and our in- country agency staff will assist and escort you while you are in Bulgaria.
Gaining in strength and dependability each year in international adoption circles, BULGARIA is a beautiful choice for adopting families. Located in Southeastern Europe, bordering Romania to the north, Greece and Turkey to the south, the Black Sea to the east, and Serbia and the Republic of Macedonia to the west, Bulgaria offers a well-established Hague program with high standards of care for the children and the adoption process. The beautiful capital city of Sophia is one of the most popular tourist spots in the world. This international adoption program has been successful since 1997.
CHILDREN AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION can be as young as 12 months at the time of referral, with most being from about 3 years old and up to 15 years. These can be completely healthy children. There are single children and sibling groups, usually available for adoption due to economic difficulties and poverty. Bulgarian children are striking, with dark eyes and dark curly hair (older and/or some with minor medical needs for a shorter wait time to be adopted). They are also fair haired children who are healthy and vibrant, waiting for stable families who can offer love and care in a permanent and caring family. There can be a longer wait (up to 3-4 years) for healthy, young children.
HIGH FLEXIBILITY in Bulgaria's adoption program makes it possible for both singles and couples to adopt, with few restrictions on age and other factors.